Superheroes Every Day is written by Danny Horn.
By day, I’m a Director of Product Management at the Wikimedia Foundation, the non-profit organization behind Wikipedia. By night and weekend, I promote truth and justice through the unlikely medium of a blog about superhero movies.
My previous blog was Dark Shadows Every Day, an epic journey through every episode of the 1960s vampire soap opera. It was funny and weird and insightful, and even if you don’t know Dark Shadows, you should go check it out. I also founded the Muppet fan site Tough Pigs, and co-founded Muppet Wiki, the gorgeous and insanely detailed compendium of all knowledge about the Muppets and Jim Henson. I’ve also appeared on a bunch of episodes of Tough Pigs’ Movin’ Right Along: The Muppet Movie Podcast, which I’ll link to below.
And if you like my writing, check out my talks on dangerous toys, flying saucers, the Mickey Mouse watch and the natural selection of Superman:
Here’s my episodes on Movin’ Right Along: The Muppet Movie Podcast:
Basically, my goal on these podcasts is to use as much of my Modern Culture and Media film-crit vocabulary as I possibly can, and be super intellectual and pretentious, which I find enjoyable and you might as well. My favorite one is Episode 202, where I open the episode with a five-minute monologue about how studying French post-structuralist literary theory helped me to understand The Great Muppet Caper. Episode 304 is also really fun.
Here are all the episodes I’m on:
The Muppet Movie:
- Episode 21: A Frog and a Pig Fall in Love
- Episode 22: How Miss Piggy Became a Celebrity
- Episode 29: Six Guns in Kermit’s Face
- Episode 30: A Noggin Full of Library Paste
The Great Muppet Caper:
- Episode 202: Pulling the Rope
- Episode 203: Kermit the Frog, Harbinger of Doom
- Bonus #3: The Muppets Go to the Movies (extra-long episode)
- Bonus #5: The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show (really seriously extra-long episode)
The Muppets Take Manhattan:
- Episode 304: Livin’ in a Bus Locker
- Episode 333: A Really Bad, Traumatic Thing
Thanks for reading Superheroes Every Day!